“One of the great challenges is to use fewer resources by regenerating territories and taking care of biodiversity and soil health. Diversifying bio-based value chain is then a crucial point to meet the challenge of raw material shortages.” To say it – in this interview with IlBioeconomista – is Roberto Marangon, Senior Application Development Manager at Novamont, the Italian company which is one of the leading players in the world bioplastics’ market. With him we talk about innovation in the bioplastics sector and the next steps of the company headquartered in Novara.
Versalis – Eni’s chemical company and a shareholder of Novamont (36%) – and Mater-Bi – a company controlled by Investitori Associati II and NB Renaissance – yesterday signed an agreement for Versalis to acquire the remaining 64% of Novamont’s shares currently held by Mater-Bi. Novamont is a leading international company in the field of chemistry from renewable sources. Next steps and the timing of closing are subject to approval by the competent authorities.
OrthoLite, the global leader of sustainable, performance and comfort insoles and footwear materials solutions, and Novamont, the international leader in the development, production and eco-design of biodegradable and compostable bioplastics and biochemicals, joined forces for the creation of OrthoLite Cirql™, the world’s first circular foam material solution for footwear.
“The recognition of our sector through the application of specific NACE codes is an important element as it would allow a better measurement in the statistical field and the possibility of addressing specific legislative measures, such as financing or the creation of specific EER codes”. To say this – in this exclusive interview with Il Bioeconomista – is Giulia Gregori, Strategic Planning and Corporate Communication manager at Novamont, the Italy-headquartered company which is leading the way in the world bioplastics sector.
Horizon 2020 Embraced Project was protagonist at Ecomondo in Rimini last week. Hosted and organised by Novamont, the event offered the opportunity to present to a selected public made of stakeholders, professionals and policymakers the final achievements of this project started in June 2017.
Turning organic urban waste streams into value–added products. This is the title of a workshop organized by Iclei Europe in the framework of Circular Week 2022, the international campaign that promotes the idea of circular economy, supports sustainable business models and establishes cooperation between interested stakeholders in Europe.
The market for bioplastics used in packaging is anticipated to reach USD 16.6 billion by 2027, with a CAGR of 9.5 percent from 2013 to 2021, and is now valued at USD 10.5 billion in 2022. According to the FMI analysis, the market for bioplastics used in packaging would grow by 1.7 times its value from the base year during the course of the forecast year, creating lucrative investment prospects for the industry.
Versalis and Novamont are strengthening their partnership to reinforce synergies in the ecological transition of green chemistry, leveraging what has been built so far to maximize spin-offs and seize new opportunities. The commitment to Matrìca – the joint venture set up in 2011 between Versalis and Novamont at Porto Torres specializing in manufacturing bioproducts from renewable sources – has been reconfirmed.
Novamont, a world leader in the world bioplastics market headquartered in Novara (Italy), and Italian utility Iren signed a three-year collaboration agreement in the field of integrated waste collection systems, the aim of which is to reduce non-recyclable waste at source and fully implement the objectives of the circular bioeconomy.
The two companies have agreed to develop specific projects for the optimised management of compostable products and packaging, to be recycled and recovered together with the organic fraction of solid municipal waste in Iren’s treatment plants.
“The paradigm of the circular bioeconomy for Novamont means renerating territories, focusing on soil health and on the decarbonisation of the atmosphere”. To say it – in this interview with Il Bioeconomista – is Giulia Gregori, Strategic Planning and Corporate Communications Manager at Novamont, the company based in Novara, Italy, which is a leader in the world market of bioplastics. Gregori talks about the circular bioeconomy in the frame of the EU Green Deal and the circular economy action plan and talks also about Grace, the BBI JU demo project focused on hemp and miscanthus.